Frequently Asked Questions
The quick answers
What time is check in and what time is check out?
- Hotel check in is 4:00 PM and hotel check out is 11:00 AM.
How do I request an early check in or late check out with the hotel?
- If you expect to arrive early in the day and would like immediate access to your room, we recommend booking the room for the prior night to guarantee immediate access. Similarly, for late departures, reserving an additional night will guarantee access to your guest room until you depart. If you choose not to reserve, we will be glad to store your bags while you explore our Resort.
What are your room rates?
- We have 72 rooms on property ranging from motel kings, standard rooms, one-bedroom suites, specialty suites and a 3 bedroom Guesthouse. Rates are dynamic and change daily based on consumer demand and hotel occupancy levels. Sycamore reserves the right to change rates based on these factors without notice. For the best available rate, book directly through our website or call us at (805) 595 - 7302 to speak with a reservation agent.
What is your policy regarding cancellations?
- If your travel plans change, you can cancel or modify your reservation in accordance with the hotel's cancellation policy as stated during the reservation process.
What happens if I use a debit card to book my reservation?
- Debit cards will be processed and charged at the time of check-in. This authorization will hold funds from your bank account in the amount of the room rate, inclusive of tax, for all rooms nights plus the property’s nightly incidental hold. The incidental hold will cover any additional charges. The incidental hold is $100. Upon check-out, any unused funds will be credited back to your bank account. Based upon the business rules of your bank, it may take 72 hours or longer for your bank to release the funds back to your account.
What is a “Facility Fee” and why do you charge it?
Sycamore includes a great number of services with our facility fee:
- Access to our two hiking trails – The Bob Jones Trail & Sycamore Crest Trail
- Admission to our sister property Avila Hot Springs’ Pool
- Access to our 24-hour bell services
- Coffee and tea service in the lobby (6:00 AM – 11:30 AM)
- In-room coffee, tea, and water bottles
- Small portion goes to the upkeep of our Nature Preserve
Do you have WiFi?
- Yes, the Resort has WiFi throughout the property
Do all of your rooms have hot tubs?
- All rooms and suites have a private patio mineral springs hot tub. Some of our wells contain a sulfur smell which produces a pronounced “aroma” which many guests enjoy. However, our other wells also contain a variety of healing minerals, including sulfur, but do not have the sulfur smell. Again, all of the hot tub water contains minerals. A third-party entity does the mineral spring analysis for Sycamore.
What are your resort quiet hours?
- To ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests, we have quiet hours from 9:00 pm to 9:00 am. To further ensure a peaceful and tranquil stay for all guests, we ask that you keep television and radio volumes at low levels at all times.
What are your in hotel room hot tubs hours?
- As a courtesy to other guests at the resort we ask that you do not use your outdoor patio hot tub between the hours of 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.
Do you allow pets?
- Though we love animals, we do not allow pets at the Resort. We do comply with ADA guidelines in regards to service animals. Please call the resort with any questions or concerns related to service animals or our pet policy in general.
HILLSIDE HOT TUBS & OASIS WATERFALL LAGOON FAQS
How long do we rent them?
- By the hour
Can you take food or beverages into the tubs?
- Yes, except no outside alcohol and no glass containers. We have a nice selection of beer/wine and snacks that you may purchase before heading up to your hot tub.
Do you need bathing suits or towels?
- A bathing suit is optional in your private tub however, clothing must be worn in all public areas. We suggest that you bring your own towel however, we also rent them for $3.00 each.
What is the water temperature?
- Temperature ranges from 101-104 degrees. Our tubs are set to an automation system and the water temperature cannot be adjusted.
Are the hot tubs chlorinated?
- Yes, Sycamore uses chlorine to sanitize as per county health code.
Can you reserve a specific tub?
- We do not allow you to book specific hot tubs however, when you reserve online, you may submit a request in the “notes” section of your reservation and we do our best to accommodate.
Do you need reservations?
- Reservations are required. We will not be accepting walk in reservations.
Do you have to be a hotel guest to use the hot tubs?
- No, we welcome anyone to rent our hillside hot tubs or Oasis Waterfall Lagoon by reservation.
Where are your tubs located?
- Our hot tubs are tucked into a wooded hillside with a tree canopy – stairs are required
How many people can fit in one hot tub?
- We have 2 persons, 4 persons, 6 persons, and 8 persons hot tubs. We also have our Oasis Lagoon which accommodates parties up to 20 people. .
Is there a locker room for changing and showering?
- We do not have a locker-room or shower facility – We recommend you arrive in your bathing suit or you may change at your private hot tub area or use one of the (2) restrooms. Rinse-off stations are available (similar to what you would see at the beach)
Are children allowed in the tubs?
- Children 5-years and older only. It is not advised for children under 5 to be in the hot tub (there is a bench/deck area where they can sit).