EmploymentWant to join the team?
APPLY NOW >
Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and the Gardens of Avila are dedicated to the success of our employees and to providing world-class service and experiences for our Guests. We not only invest in our property and its amenities, we invest in our employees by offering training and development opportunities to encourage personal and professional growth within our growing organization.
Front Desk Agent
Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort is seeking the right individual to join our team of front desk agents. This is a critical role in our resort’s operations and requires a dedicated, hard-working and detailed oriented person. Experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate. We offer competitive pay.
As a resort we have high standards of service. But, we believe the real key to our success is having employees who enjoy the work they are doing. So we place our focus on our employees and encourage excellence through providing a fun and rewarding work environment. If you are not afraid of hard work and would like to be part of a team that is committed to excellence we want to hear from you.
Please apply at the Employment section of our website, sycamoresprings.com, and include verifiable employment references and availability on application.
Job Summary: Provides front desk services to guests in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Greets guests and checks them into hotel following established procedures including but not limited to assuring all necessary information is received and entered into computer, obtaining credit card imprint for incidental expenses, informing guests of pertinent hotel policies, issuing room keys, directing guests to rooms and other areas.
• Responds to guest questions either in person or over the phone in a courteous and professional manner; provides information including but not limited to directions, shopping, dining, entertainment, hotel services, and safety.
• Fulfills guests’ needs, ensuring their stay is as pleasurable as possible; assists with dining, entertainment, or transportation reservations as needed.
• Resolves guest problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgement in resolving issues or refers to management as needed.
• Answers hotel internal and external phone calls and provides information as needed; takes messages for hotel guests and assures receipt.
• Makes and confirms reservations for future hotel guests following established procedures including but not limited to assuring room availability, obtaining all necessary guest information, obtaining credit card information, assuring guest understands all hotel policies particularly with regard to reservation cancellation.
• Checks guests out of hotel following established procedures including but not limited to computing bills, collecting payment, and providing guest with necessary paperwork.
• Maintains front desk area in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the property as well as the area’s attractions.
• Completes all necessary paperwork; maintains files and records.
• Coordinates special room deliveries with the bellman.
To perform this job successfully, incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends and evenings
• Bilingual skill is a plus
• Basic typing skills and ability to operate standard office equipment including: copier, fax, telephone, calculator, etc.
• Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, POS and Payroll systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Calculate figures and amounts.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in stressful situations
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner
• Stand, sit and walk for long periods of time or an entire shift, repetitive motions, climb stairs, balance, stoop, squat, bend, twist, kneel, reach, grasp and squeeze with both hands. Talk or hear; taste or smell.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move, carry, push and pull up to 30lbs
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work conditions include exposure to scents, mineral water sulfur odors and uneven surfacesAPPLY NOW >
“We stayed at the resort two nights in the Eloquence Suite, a two bedroom, two bath suite. Very spacious with lots of character. The kitchen has a full size fridge and microwave. Flat screens in each bedroom and the living room area. The grounds are lush and very beautiful.”
Guest - September 2014
“Our suite was charming. This is an older property. There were arched doorways, it was astonishingly spacious. The hot tub on the patio was awesome and it's a huge patio.”