EmploymentWant to join the team?
APPLY NOW >
Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and the Gardens of Avila are dedicated to the success of our employees and to providing world-class service and experiences for our Guests. We not only invest in our property and its amenities, we invest in our employees by offering training and development opportunities to encourage personal and professional growth within our growing organization.
Floor Supervisor- Restaurant
Job Summary: This position will provide a hands-on approach to managing the general day-to-day operations of the Front of the House.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Supervises and assists the restaurant staff on a daily basis
• Ensure dining experience is in compliance with policies, procedures, standards, and aiming at satisfying and exceeding the guest expectations
• Assist with the training of restaurant staff
• Maintains a presence in the dining areas at all times throughout service and interact positively with customers.
• Supports staff at peak times and undertake any operational duty to ensure customer expectations are met.
• Responsible for resolving customer complaints regarding food quality and service.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
To perform this job successfully, incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Able to work holidays, weekends and evenings
• California Food Handler Certification
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language (s) used in the workplace.
• Bilingual skill is a plus
• Basic typing skills and ability to operate standard office equipment including: copier, fax, telephone, calculator, etc.
• Proficient on Micros, Microsoft Word, Excel and use of email.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Calculate figures and amounts.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in stressful situations
• Stand and walk for long periods of time or an entire shift, repetitive motions of hands, wrists and fingers, climb stairs, balance, stoop, squat, bend, twist, kneel, reach, grasp, shake, stir, pour and squeeze with both hands. Talk or hear; taste or smell.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move, carry, push and pull up to 30lbs
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work conditions include exposure to scents and mineral water sulfur odor.
Your company reserves the right to change job responsibilities, transfer job positions, or assign additional job duties at any timeAPPLY NOW >
Cook - PM shifts
“We stayed at the resort two nights in the Eloquence Suite, a two bedroom, two bath suite. Very spacious with lots of character. The kitchen has a full size fridge and microwave. Flat screens in each bedroom and the living room area. The grounds are lush and very beautiful.”
Guest - September 2014
“Our suite was charming. This is an older property. There were arched doorways, it was astonishingly spacious. The hot tub on the patio was awesome and it's a huge patio.”